Friday 13 March 2009

Mono magic & a memory

I really like the way this card tuned out, so clean & crisp, black & white never dates which is why I like it & I should really use it more.

The memory trip I had today was invoked when I had a clean up in my craft room (hopping to get a new desk & shelving) & came across this wonderful rubber stamp which was the first ever stamp I brought. I remember it well... after watching Dawn Bibby on QVC for the first time years ago, I was soo taken with what I saw I just had to have a go at what looked like loads of fun....& it turned out to be just that. At the time I didn't have a heat gun so used an iron.... the wrong way round, lol, instead of putting the paper on top of the iron I tried taking the iron as close as I could with out it touching the powder. I feel so silly now thinking about it, but like so many crafters out there I've come along way since then & it turned into an addiction.. which I know sooo many can relate to. I also remember after making up I think it was something like 10 cards I'd brought I had this down feeling because I'd no more to make up, so my addiction was sealed from the off set.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jenny, I love visiting because I always see something different on your blog. Thank you for sharing your memory of being a beginner, so many of us got bitten by the addiction because of craft on TV here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, very elegant. Hope that all is well.Take care Anesha.

    ReplyDelete